Welcome. I thought it would be interesting to publish written “dispatches” from our lives right now as we shelter in place. Have any thoughts to share? Share them w/ us here. We will also publish them on our Facebook page and in our newsletter for SF Creative Writing Institute. You can subscribe to that here. More to come…
OK WordPress, I’ll play your game. Hello my name is Alexandra and it has been ten years since I was last a “blogger.”
Filling in your little templates now.
Why do this?
- Because I’m upset with the state of the world the way things are and I feel powerless.
- Because I have extra time on my hands when everyone in my house is asleep.
- Because, like many of you, I am an artist and I can’t refrain from commentating on current events, especially those as life-changing events as a global pandemic.
- Because I’m tired of hiding under a rock.
- Why are you blogging publicly, rather than keeping a personal journal?
Because I am an abject narcissist hellbent on having my opinion heard by millions of people, damnit! No, just kidding. Because I am writer and I couldn’t stop writing if my life depended on it. Because now is a time when we shouldn’t stay silent.
- What topics do you think you’ll write about?
I think I’ll write about the strange musings I have about the world in the middle of the night since I can’t sleep and how things have changed due to global pandemic.
- Who would you love to connect with via your blog
Readers. Like me. Also other writers and people who have something creative to say about this whole thing and maybe nowhere else to say it. Or just gather thoughts and creative work in some kind of repository for the written word.
- If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?
I hope to connect with readers and also compile and publish work by other teachers and friends of the SF Creative Writing Institute.
If you are reading this and you have thoughts in the middle of the night too about the COVID TIMES.
or the middle of the day for that matter,
please keep watching this spot and also send us your work.
Oh, and in an ideal world, please consider signing up for classes at the SF Creative Writing Institute. This is an informal off-the-cuff blog of first draft material. Most of it is unedited and just thrown up there like spaghetti when you see if it sticks to the wall to know if it is done.
Leave a Reply